Sunday 7 October 2018

Making Bose QC 25 USB friendly

I've been using Bose QuietComfort 25 for a couple of years now. They are great for watching movies on long transatlantic flights, but their miniature on-the-wire microphone and 3mm audio jack makes them unusable for long transatlantic Skype calls. Adding USB capability sounded like a good idea, and it wasn't hard at all with my new Prusa i3 MK3 printer.

For Skype I've been using Plantronics 626 for almost 8 years and finally ear pads started to disintegrate. Instead of soursing a new ear pards for this discontinued headset I decided to used Bose QC 25 as a replacement :)

First make a model in blender3d:


 Then print:



Then print again in black and attach to Plantronics' wires:


And finally clip it to Bose 25QC when needed:



Simples! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi, could you share with me this project in blender?
    Best regards,
    Wojtek

    ReplyDelete